The GEAS research group offers a very wide range of possibilities for the analytical control of parameters and analytes in food, agricultural, environmental, water, plastics, metals and alloys, new materials, clinical parameters, etc …
The experience accumulated in almost forty years of working on OTRI contracts, the Company-University Foundation, and mixed innovation programs with private companies, together with the analytical instrumental techniques available in the GEAS laboratories, allow us to offer solid and reliable responses to practically all of the analytical problems that may arise, as well as advising on instrumental facilities and equipment for analytical laboratories.
- Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy. Graphite Furnace Atomization and Quartz Tube, Deuterium Corrector.
- GFAAS Perkin-Elmer 3030 Spectrophotometer with HGA 400 and Automatic Injector
- ICP-AES Thermo. Simultaneous Iris-Intrepid
- ICP-Masas Perkin-Elmer DRC-e Spectrometer
- GFAAS Spectrophotometer with Introduction of Slurries Perkin-Elmer A-300 and Injector AS-60
- ICP-Mass Spectrometer Perkin-Elmer Elan 6000
- GFAAS Spectrophotometer with Slurry Sampling Perkin-Elmer A-300 and Injector AS-60
- GFAAS Spectrophotometer Varian 400. Zeeman Corrector
- Perkin Elmer Nexion 2000 (ICP-MS) mass spectrometer
Chromatography and separation techniques
- HPLC Gradient Waters with UV-VIS, Fluorescence and Electrochemical Detector
- Hewlett-Packard Refractive Index Detector
- Low pressure preparative chromatography
- Gas Chromatography, Shimadzu GC-9
- Electrophoresis on one-dimensional, two-dimensional, polyacrylamide gel, isotachophoresis, Isoelectric focusing, Bio-Rad System
- Asymmetric Flow Field Flow Fractionation (A4F) POSTNOVA ANALYTICS
- Laser Ablation Nd / YAG 213 nm Autofocus, Microscope head and Glitter Time Resolved Analysis Software
- Microwave Digester
- Coulochem-II amperometric / coulometric detector (ESA)
- Autolab PGSTAT-12 (Eco-Chemie) potentiostat coupled to Maxtek PM-710 quartz microbalance
- Potentiostat Autolab PGSTAT 10 (Eco-Chemie)
- Portable 8X multipotentiostat uSTAT8000P (Dropsens), with screen printed multi-electrode battery interface (8X)
- Potentiostat µAutolab-Type III, with FRA measurement module (frequency analyzers) for electrochemical impedance spectroscopy.
- Maxtek PM-710 quartz microbalance, with quartz / gold electrodes (5 MHz)
- Petit Ampére amperometric detector (5-200 nA / V) (BioAnalytical Systems)
- LC-4C amperometric detector (BioAnalytical Systems) Conductivity meter Crison 525
- Orion Ion analyzer potentiometer (± 0.1 mV.)
- Autolab PGSTAT 10 (Eco-Chemie)
- Inelec Polarograph. DCT, NPP, DPP, SWP, LSP, ASV, CSV
Molecular spectroscopy and luminiscence
- Spectrofluorimeter, Perkin-Elmer LS-50
- Luminometer PTI (Photon Instrument Technology) QuantaMaster model QM2004 Modular
- Spectrofluorimeter, RF-150, Shimadzu
- UV-VIS Molecular Spectrophotometer, Perkin Elmer Lambda
- Molecular UV-VIS Spectrophotometer, Diode-Array HP 8452A
- UV-VIS Molecular Spectrophotometer, Hitachi 124
- Metallographic Microscope
- Atago Refractometer
- Centrifuge Heareus Megafuge 10
- Centrifuge Heraus biofuge 17S
Latest news from GEAS
Outreach activities: International Week of Women and Girls in Science and Science Immersion Week 2022
On the occasion of the celebration of the International Week of Women and Girls in Science, the GEAS group has participated with a series of activities to bring closer the work carried out by women in the world scientific. To this end, the Faculty of Sciences of the...
Award for the best poster communication at the International Congress Colloquium Spectroscopicum Internationale XLII (CSI XLII 2022)
The researcher of the GEAS group Ms. Mariam Bakir Laso has won the award for the best communication in poster format at the International Congress "Colloquium Spectroscopicum Internationale XLII (CSI XLII 2022 )", which was held in Gijón (Spain) from May 30 to June 3,...
Scientific article published in the journal Water
The Prof. Francisco Laborda, director of the GEAS group, has published a scientific article in the Water magazine related to the presence of antibiotics in the Ebro river basin and the identification of their emission sources. Conclusions that come from the work...